Pages

Friday, September 17, 2021

Wondrous Writing

 HI everybody 

Are you sacred of an animal of some sort like dogs, cats or even rabbits? So I wrote a persuasive text to try to help change that. My learning goal this week was to Vary sentence beginnings, structures and length. Write simple and compound sentences (by using conjunctions). Use some complex sentences. Use simple and compound sentences with a variety of beginnings, lengths and structures. Use some complex sentences to create pace, flow and interest. Use linking words and phrases to link some paragraphs.  

Here is my work and I hope I have persuade you that pets should not be allowed in school.

What is your favourite animal?

Pets should not be allowed in school


Are you scared of dogs or any other animal? I’m going to tell you that animals should definitely not be allowed in school.


Firstly, having an animal could distract kids from their learning. Kids need to learn. Although animals are cute they're going to be distractive. Do you want an animal distracting you all day and chewing on your stuff?


Secondly, animals need a lot of attention. Like they need to be fed and they also need exercise. If kids are doing all that, when are they going to have time to do work?


Last of all, some kids might have allergies. That wouldn’t be good. It wouldn’t help because if animals are roaming free they could have a reaction and not be able to concentrate.


You will definitely agree with me that pets should not be allowed in school. Animals will distract children from their learning, they need a lot of attention and some people might have allergies. That is why I strongly agree that pets should not be allowed in school. 



 

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Mia,
    I complety agree with you on this topic. It would definialty not be fair if someone was allergic a animal. They would maybe have to move school, and no one would want to have to move schools just because of that. I really like how you have cleary stated all your opions.
    -Lucy

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post